See the full list of executive orders signed by President Joe Biden first day in office.
Jameela News reports that President Joe Biden has signed 17 executive orders, first day in office as the United States of America President.
This online news medium learned that nine out of the 17 executive orders signed by President Biden were reversed policies of former President, Donald Trump.
See the full list of the 17 executive orders signed by President Joe Biden below:
1. The executive order on mask/coronavirus which makes it compulsory to use facemasks and maintain physical distancing.
2. Executive order on WHO – which returns the United States to the World Health Organization (WHO).
3. Executive order on COVID-19 response This creates the office of COVID-19 Response Coordinator who will report directly to President Biden.
4. Executive order on nationwide moratorium This order extends the existing nationwide moratorium on evictions and foreclosures until at least March 31.
5. Executive order on student loan This extends the existing pause on student loan payments and interest for Americans with federal student loans until at least September 30.
6. Executive order on Paris climate accord – This order rejoins the Paris climate accord which Trump earlier ordered its withdrawal.
7. Executive order on Keystone XL pipeline This cancels the Keystone XL pipeline and directs agencies to review and reverse more than 100 Trump actions on the environment.
8. Executive order on racial equity This rescinds the Trump administration’s 1776 Commission, directs agencies to review their actions to ensure racial equity.
9. Executive order on gender equity This prevents workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
10. Executive order on census This requires non-citizens to be included in the Census and apportionment of congressional representatives which is another reversal of a Trump policy.
11. Executive order on immigration which reverses Trump order on undocumented people brought into the country as children officially known as the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
12. Executive order on some passport holders This reverses the Trump administration’s restrictions on US entry for passport holders from seven Muslim-majority countries.
13. Executive order on immigration enforcement which is a reversal of the Trump ban on entry visa ban for some countries.
14. Executive order on the border wall which halts the construction of the border wall and terminating the national emergency declaration fund deployed for its construction.
15. Executive order on deportation. This order extends deferrals of deportation and works authorizations for Liberians with a safe haven in the United States until June 30, 2022.
16. Executive order on ethics. This requires executive branch appointees to sign an ethics pledge barring them from acting in personal interest and requiring them to uphold the independence of the Department of Justice.