Nigerian Newspapers Headlines & Naija News Today, Thursday 7th July 2022
Good morning! Here is today’s summary of Naija News headlines from Nigerian Newspapers. Kindly access the news summary below…
Good morning! Here is today’s summary of Naija News headlines from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. An Air Force fighter jet targeting terrorists in Safana Local Government Area of Katsina State has accidentally bombed villagers. According to reports, the incident happened where the Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP, Aminu Umar was murdered by bandits, on Tuesday.
2. Gunmen have invaded the residence of Reverend Daniel Umaru of the EYN Church Njairi, Mubi Local Government Area of Adamawa State, killing his sons and abducting his 13-year-old daughter.
3. Following the Kuje jailbreak, the United States Embassy in Nigeria has warned its citizens in Nigeria against going to some places in Abuja. Similarly, the United Kingdom also warned its citizens to be cautious of travelling to nineteen (19) States in Nigeria.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed disappointment with the Intelligence system, following the terrorists’ attack on Medium Security Custodial Centre, Kuje. After inspecting the attack scene on Wednesday, the president said, “I am disappointed with the intelligence system. How can terrorists organise, have weapons, attack a security installation and get away with it?”
5. The Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) has claimed responsibility for the attack on Kuje Prison in Abuja. In footage on Wednesday night, the terrorist sect showed some of its men shooting their way into the facility.
6. The Peoples Democratic Party has accused the ruling All Progressives Congress of complicity in the Tuesday night terrorist attack on Kuje Correctional Facility in Abuja. In a statement released late Wednesday and signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Debo Ologunagba, the PDP queried the alleged redeployment of soldiers “who had become familiar with the terrain” from the facility 24 hours before the attack.
7. The Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, on Wednesday, opened up on his choice of running mate, saying he preferred a younger person as vice-presidential candidate. The former Anambra State governor stated this in an interview on Arise Television.