Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija News today, 16th July 2022, can be accessed below.
Jameela News has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from the Nigerian Newspaper today.
1. President Muhammadu Buhari has restated that his farm in Daura, handed to him by his forefathers, is the next thing on his mind after leaving office next year. The President said this on Friday in Daura while speaking to the elected Local Government Council chairmen from Katsina State.
2. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said that the extension of Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise will now end on July 31. National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, said this at the end of an extraordinary session of INEC management on Friday in Abuja.
3. The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, yesterday, told workers involved in Saturday’s governorship election in Osun State to stick to the oath of neutrality they swore to and ensure the success of the election.
4. Bandits have attacked members of Ansaru terrorists’ sect in Birnin-Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State. It was gathered that the sect members were “preaching” to locals when bandits opened fire, killing two villagers in the process.
5. A National Industrial Court in Abuja has ordered the Federal Government to review the salaries and allowances of judicial officers in Nigeria. Justice Osatohanmwen Obaseki-Osaghae, on Friday, ruled that the current salaries and allowances of judicial officers in the country is not only abysmally low but embarrassing.
6. The Police in Katsina State on Friday succeeded in rearresting another fugitive suspected to have escaped from Kuje Prison, Abuja. The 33-year-old suspect, identified as Kamala Lawal, was arrested during a police raid of a criminal hideout in Danmusa Local Government Area.
7. There was heavy gunfire at Old Garage in Osun on Friday as thugs allegedly working for the Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Oroki Branch, Osogbo, Kazeem Oyewale exchanged bullets with the Army. It was reported that Oyewale was later arrested after the gun duel with operatives.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, denied that he got advice against the Bola Tinubu-Kashim Shettima ticket. Reports had emerged that the Department of State Service (DSS) warned about the Muslim-Muslim ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC). But the President through his spokesman, Garba Shehu debunked the information.
9. The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Friday, dashed the hopes of several Nigerians wishing that he would reconsider his stance on the contentious Muslim-Muslim ticket by replacing former Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, with a northern Christian, as his running mate. This is as he has submitted Shettima’s name to the INEC.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari, Friday, in Daura, Katsina State, said he decided to close land borders for two years for the benefit of farmers. The President has also lauded the nation’s farmers for the record production of rice and other food commodities, expressing satisfaction that the agricultural policies of his administration are working.
That’s today’s summary of Newspaper headlines from Naija News media. Read more Nigerian news, African news, and world news on Jameela News. See you again tomorrow.