Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija News today, Friday, 23rd September 2022, can be accessed below.
Jameela News has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from the Nigerian Newspaper today.
1. The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has expressed its determination to participate fully in political activities that would culminate in the 2023 general elections. To this end, it has inaugurated a Committee on Political Strategy and Action, comprising eminent personalities that would help the umbrella body of Christians in Nigeria achieve its aim.
2. The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, (AGF) Abubakar Malami SAN, has said that Nigeria is making concerted efforts to address oil theft, including spending enormous resources on pipeline surveillance security through the regular Armed Forces budgetary spending and payments to civilian security companies under unique Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangements.
3. The striking Academic Staff Union of Universities will on Friday (today) file an appeal against the ruling of the National Industrial Court which directed its members to resume work.
4. Governor of Ondo State, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, has accused the Federal Government of bias in refusing to allow the Western Nigeria Security Network Agency, also known as Amotekun Corps, to carry sophisticated firearms. He cited the FG’s approval of the Katsina State Security Outfit, which is equivalent to the Amotekun Corps to carry firearms.
5. Residents of Alaaguntan in the Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State were shocked to see the community primary school, Baptist Day School, emptied on Monday following a midnight invasion by suspected burglars. It was gathered that the hoodlums broke the school’s ceiling to gain access into the classrooms, where they carted away valuable items.
6. The Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, has condemned the alleged assault of a policewoman, Inspector Teju Moses, by her principal, Prof. Zainab Duke, and her domestic staff, comprising the housemaid, Rebecca Enechido, and a male suspect currently at large. The Force spokesperson, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, made this known on Thursday.
7. The camp of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Thursday, reacted to threats by a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, and a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, to mobilise northern Christians to vote against him. The Director-General of Asiwaju Tinubu-Shettima Coalition for Good Governance, Adebayo Shittu, said there is no cause for alarm.
8. Troops of Operation Delta Safe, in conjunction with troops of Operation Octopus Grip in Niger Delta, have foiled the attempts by oil thieves to siphon/smuggle 7,805 barrels of crude oil and 2,613 barrels of Automotive Gas Oil, AGO, valued at over N537. 09million, while 17 pipeline vandals were arrested.
9. The Bishops who met the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, in Abuja on Thursday have said they were not committed to endorsing him. The APC candidate had met with the Pentecostal Bishops Forum of Northern Nigeria.
10. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, said his group will neither leave the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nor drop its demand that the national chairman, Dr Iyorchia Ayu, resign. The Governor said his camp would remain in the party to fight for its preservation and enthronement of unity, inclusivity, equity and peace.
That’s today’s summary of Newspaper headlines from Naija News media. Read more Nigerian news, African news, and world news on Jameela News. See you again tomorrow.